January 17, 2011

Trailer Trash: Take Me Home Tonight

It's time to root through some trailers. What sorts of wonderful things will be alluded to today?

Thank God I didn't live in the 80s. I don't know if I could have survived the music!

On the cusp of finally having to suck it up and be a man, Matt instead opts to continue on with his pathetic existence, wasting away at a video outlet and squandering all that good stuff that a school like MIT puts into you. When his unrequited high school crush saunters in one day and invites him to a party, he takes this as a sign that he may actually be able to get with her. Dragging along his bitchy sister and annoying best friend, he rolls up to the party in a sweet ride (which he stole), bumping "Straight Out of Compton", and lookin' fly! Shenanigans occur and shit goes down. You know, like any party in the 80s.

The cast includes Topher Grace, Dan Fogler, Anna Faris, and Theresa Palmer. I would say that this is a prime comedy cast, but then I realize that, with the exception of Grace, no one in the cast is actually funny. Uh-oh. But Michael "I'm Kyle Reese and Dwayne Hicks, So I Could Kick Your Ass Just By Blinking, So Fuck You" Biehn is in it. Interesting...

The trailer is fairly stupid, not gonna lie. It's rarely funny, has a slew of cringe worthy moments, and the music. OH GOD, THE MUSIC!!! Since the title is ripped from an 80s classic, and the promos are all capitalizing on the soundtrack, 80s music is going to feature heavily in this thing, which makes want to fellatiate a gun barrel; I HATE 80s MUSIC!!!!

If anything is going to save this film, it's going to be Topher Grace, who is, in my mind, a master of the deadpan. His dry, sardonic wit has shone brightly in other things like In Good Company or Predators. Hell, he was even alright in Spider-Man 3, and his character in that is responsible for the downfall of that whole movie! If the movie will work, it'll be because of him. I'm not gonna hold my breath though. I have low expectations for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment