October 25, 2010

Trailer Trash: I Love You Phillip Morris (Red Band)

It's time to root through some trailers. What's sorts of wonderful things will be alluded to today?

I've never done a Red Band trailer for this feature before. I'm a little nervous.

I Love You Phillip Morris is about a guy who realizes one day that he is gay, and decides to live it up. Unfortunately for him, being gay rackets up a hug bill, so this guy, Steven, becomes a con man so that he can afford his affluent lifestyle. He is of course caught, and, while in prison, he meets and falls in love with one, Phillip Morris. What follows are various shenanigans as Steven escapes and gets recaptured by the law, all in the name of love.

Jim Carrey finally returns to the brand of comedy that made a star. He plays Steven, and looks to be having a grand ol' time with it. Ewan McGregor plays Phillip Morris. I haven't seen McGregor in any film like this before, so I'm anxious to see how he does. Leslie Mann is also there as Steven's wife.

This trailer is hilarious! It's red band, so they can show a whole mess of stuff, and I can safely say that I can't wait for this one. So many great lines, a good amount of solid sight gags, and the thought of Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor mackin' on each other make this seem like one of the funniest comedies in a long time.

Best line in the thing: "Fuck me with a flaming fist!'

No comments:

Post a Comment