October 24, 2010

Cause For Celebration

Films From the Supermassive Black Hole turns two today!

I started this blog back in 2008 with nary an expectation, too much free time, no readers, and no skill. Two years later, I still no expectations, don't have any free time, have a plethora of readers, and... well, skill is relative, so let's let it be. Thanks to FFTSBH and the filmic community, I've expanded my range of films, met a whole bunch of sweet people, and really invested in this little passion project. Well, that, and having a film blog gives me an excuse to see a perverse amount of movies.

So, lets see. I guess I should thank a few choice people. Blegh, these types of post are always so sentimental. Whatevs. Everyone does em'.

1. Family: Because you have to every time you write up something like this.

2. The... what was it, 3?, friends who read this when it first started: I think it was Chani, Morgen, and Rebecca. No way to tell if they still read it (except for Chani. She comments every now and then), but, I still appreciate them for giving it a shot.

3. The LAMB: Listen to the Matineecast for a full description.

4. Fletch: For letting me into the LAMB and letting me run wild.

5. Hatter: Because you are always incredibly complementary.

6. Computers: Because writing this on a typewriter would suck some serious sack!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BLOG!!! Let's get our drank on!

Except, not really, because I'm underage and that could end up being difficult for a lot of people. 

6 comments:

  1. Well done good sir - here's to another two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sebastian!

    I only just stumbled across your site -- I think it was Richard over at Blah! that provided a link and I'm glad that I did. Just beginning to look around but I like what I'm reading. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my site, I started it in May of this year and have been enjoying getting to exchange thoughts on movies and the entertainment world with enthusiasts and fellow critics alike.

    all the best,
    cheers->
    Rory Dean
    Above the Line:Practical Movie Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete