July 19, 2010

Trailer Trash: The Social Network

It's time to root through some trailers. What sort of wonderful things will be alluded to today?

This weeks trailer spotlight is David Fincher's The Social Network, starring Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, and Justin Timberlake. As is well known, it chronicles the story of the creation of Facebook, and the ensuing legal battle that took place as a result. Now, I'm not wise to any sort of legal battle that took place, so, I'll just take the movie at its word in that regard.

Anyway, Eisenberg plays Mark Zuckerberg, the man who created that wonderful time waster. Andrew Garfield plays Eduardo Saverin, Zuckerberg's business partner. Garfield has a lot on the line. This is the movie that will convince me on whether or not he has the chops to pull off that spandex clad web crawler in the ill advised reboot of Spider-Man. Justin Timberlake is Sean Parker, Facebook's first president. Pretty strong looking cast, if you ask me.

So, on to the trailer. Ummm... it's a lukewarm opinion that I find myself having. The movie looks cool, to be sure, but, the only thing that is different is that it's not a voice over. The dialogue is more or less the same as the other previews, but, this time, we actually see the actors saying the words instead of the ingenious IM chat conversation that made up the previous one. So, it doesn't seem to add anything new, but, what was already there looked good to being with. I'm just hoping I'll have time to see it when it comes out, as I will be embroiled in the whole college thing when it does.

On another note, I love the operatic version of Radiohead's "Creep" that is played in the background. That sounds awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment