So, I was perusing the blog-o-sphere yesterday, reading some stuff on my blogroll, and I come across this post by one Vancetastic over at The Audient. The post in question concerned a site by the name of Flickchart, a place where people go to rank movies. Basically, you are shown two films, and forced to pick one, and all the answers are added up until you have a list of your favorite movies. I've only been at it for a day, and DAMN, is it addicting! Right now, there are 500 films on my list, but since listing off all of the them would take time that you and, especially, I don't have, I'll just you give the top twenty. The creme de la creme! The cream of the crop! The big kahunas, if you will!
1. Monster's Inc.: I'll bite... for now. It's a fun little Pixar film, though far from their best.
2. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: Uhhhhhhh... no!
3. Die Hard: Most badass action movie of all time cracks my top 5? Alright, I'll go with it.
4. 28 Days Later...: Even if it wasn't on some algorithm or whatever it is that powers the site, this one would probably be just as high on the list!
5. The Departed: Same story.
6. Sin City: Ok! Hella fun, visually awesome crime epic? I can live with that.
7. Closer: This film doesn't get the credit it deserves. Just sayin'...
8. The Dark Knight: I'd say this one's pretty obvious.
9. Citizen Kane: A bonafide classic and game changer.
10. Notting Hill: Not my favorite rom-com, but certainly a gem.
11. The 40-Year-Old Virgin: The coming out party of Judd Apatow and Steve Carrell! All around excellent!
12. Zombieland: Eh, why not?
13. The Godfather: This sure as hell ain't high enough on this list!
14. Pulp Fiction: Only 14? Tarantino would be insulted!
15. No Country For Old Men: Will be considered a classic in a couple years.
16. Toy Story 2: How sad is it that Monster's Inc. is at the tippy top, and this masterpiece is at number 16?
17. Little Miss Sunshine: Whatever...
18. The Empire Strikes Back: God, remember when George Lucas wasn't a hack?
19. Grindhouse: Was I the only one who saw this in theaters? Man, this was awesome!
20. Saving Private Ryan: Definitely deserves to be on this list somewhere.