April 23, 2010

Ramp It Up!

Is there such a thing as hope? Maybe. I think with a director who actually gets the whole vampire genre, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse might be able to offer enough for people like me as well as appealing to all those fangirls out there. It appears that David Slade is bringing some of his 30 Days of Night experience to the project, and all I can say is, THANK GOD!! Yes, Twilight is romantic, emo bullshit, but that doesn't mean it can't be mature, romantic, emo bullshit. Just because it's aimed at teenage girls doesn't mean elements that us other, sane people enjoy can't be included. Watch the trailer down at the bottom, then compare the footage there to this scene for 30 Days of Night. There are some similarities, to be sure. I know it's pointless to hope that Eclipse will actually be good, but maybe it will be adequate enough to get a grade higher then a D from me. We'll see in June.

Disclaimer: This clip is bloody as hell! You have been warned.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know but I'm not so sure that 30 Days of Night was good enough in and of itself to offer this stupid series any hope and really, if Weitz couldn't do it justice, I'm not so sure this dude can either. Now if Neil Jordan wanted to direct...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no hope that Slade will actually make Twilight into something of merit. That ship sailed a long time ago. I'm hoping that he will, at least, bring some of the style that 30 Days had to the action scenes. He was also able to manage good performances from Hartnett and George, who had to contend with terrible dialogue along with all the bloodshed, so, maybe he'll do the same with Stewart and Pattinson, although it's not likely. Really, all I'm hoping for is some entertaining action to distract me from the bullshit romance. I think he'll pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious. From the trailer, Twilight looks like it went from this ridiculous brooding romance flick to an all-out action movie. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know but I'm not so sure that 30 Days of Night was good enough in and of itself to offer this stupid series any hope and really, if Weitz couldn't do it justice, I'm not so sure this dude can either. Now if Neil Jordan wanted to direct...

    ReplyDelete