July 13, 2011

Trailer Trash: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

It's time to root through some trailers. What sorts of wonderful things will be alluded to today?

The first BIG trailer to drop this summer season, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows seems to offer a ton of rollicking action and witty bantering. I'm just hard pressed to see how any of this will be different from the messy, if entertaining, original. 


This new one sees Holmes going globe trotting in a quest to bring down Professor Moriarty... and that's about it. 


The trailer looks cool; there are some sweet slo-mo shots at the end, and Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law don't seem to have lost any of the chemistry that made them so enjoyable in the last one. The addition of Noomi Rapace can't hurt, but, this trailer did too little for me. The movie looks fun, but I'm skeptical. 


Whatever though. It's not like I really care about this trailer. The only thing I'm focusing on right now, trailer wise, is getting my ass to Harry Potter so I can get my first taste of The Dark Knight Rises. I'm good at playing the waiting game. I've had lots of practice. 


2 comments:

  1. Too. Much. Action.

    I don't know if Ritchie is being pressured or what, but c'mon - this guy is supposed to be a world-famous Detective, not an action star. Save that for films where it makes more sense and leave us with witty banter and puzzles for Holmes and Watson to solve here.

    ReplyDelete