June 27, 2010

Inception Fever: Trailers

We're really coming down to the wire here, aren't we? As July 16th inches ever closer, the crazy levels of anticipation begin to reach monumental levels. I honestly have not been this excited for a movie since, well, since The Dark Knight. It's Chris Nolan, man! The guy knows where my weak spot is, and continually jabs at it with his sword of righteous awesomeness. Anyway, where was I? Oh, right! As I have said before, as July 16th looms around the corner, I will continue to review and analyze all the juicy little things that have made up the marketing. I've already gone over posters, so, now's the time to go over the trailers. Take a seat. Open your mind.


Trailer 1: Quiet Beauty

In keeping with the posters, virtually nothing is given away here. All that is shown is some cool imagery, and that awesome tag line. There is not a single syllable of dialogue. The only thing to be heard is Hans Zimmer's booming score. At least, I think it's Hans Zimmer. The fight in the tumbling hallway features pretty heavily in this one, and this is what hooked me. It looked like nothing we had seen before, and it left we anxiously awaiting the next one. 


Trailer 2: The Most Resilient Parasite

This one doesn't offer much in the way of plot either, instead opting to tease us with cryptic dialogue and more arresting shots. It does elude to the fact the Leo is some sort of criminal, and one that can apparently steal ideas from your head, which just sounds sick! So, we have that to work with. It also reveals more of the cast. We finally get to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Ken Watanabe, and Tom Hardy as to run around, shooting things. This one leaves us with more sweet shots, and a slightly better idea as to what the movie's about. It also leaves us wondering what the "kick" is. 


Trailer 3: Under Control

Now, we're getting somewhere! This one, while still leaving us somewhat in the dark, presents a much clearer picture as to whatever the hell this thing is about. One thing that's interesting to note, is that DiCaprio's character, Cobb, apparently wants out of his life of dream invasion, and longs to return to his dearly beloved, played by Marion Cotillard. The action is ramped way up for this trailer, showcasing a good chunk of the visual and technical wizardry that Nolan employed. We are still unclear as to what role each character plays, or who the bad guy is, but one thing's for certain. This movie is going to be something else.



There you go, a quick overview of all the trailers released into theaters thus far. There probably won't be another one, unless they throw a new one onto Eclipse, or something, so, don't hold your breath waiting for it. I don't if I'll write up anything more about Inception before my review on the 16th, but, you never know. Keep an open mind about it. Sweet dreams! 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely fell in love/became obsessed with this movie from the hallway spinning scene in first trailer too! It reminds me of an old Fred Astaire movie (I link to it here in my own trailer recap -http://idontfeelthatineedtoexplainmyarttoyouwarren.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/coming-soon-a-trailer-extravaganza/ ) - not the same thing at all, I know, but it made me very happy. Enjoy tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to see it for a week or so, but I can't wait!
    Also, in case you're curious, I am a fellow LAMB and found you through Lamb Chops. - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely fell in love/became obsessed with this movie from the hallway spinning scene in first trailer too! It reminds me of an old Fred Astaire movie (I link to it here in my own trailer recap -http://idontfeelthatineedtoexplainmyarttoyouwarren.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/coming-soon-a-trailer-extravaganza/ ) - not the same thing at all, I know, but it made me very happy. Enjoy tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to see it for a week or so, but I can't wait!
    Also, in case you're curious, I am a fellow LAMB and found you through Lamb Chops. - Jenny

    ReplyDelete