August 29, 2009

What Is Wrong With Me?

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but, I'm sort of excited for New Moon to come out in a few months. I know, I know, I just lost a whole ton of dignity right there, but consider my rationale. I complained in my review that Twilight suffered from stilted characters and acting, a general lack of style, and, above all, a horridly depressing color palette. That, and the vampires just didn't seem scary. Well, style, color, and scary seem to have been taken care of if the new images that show Michael Sheen and Dakota Fanning as two members of the Volturi are anything to go on. Not only do they look scary as hell (Fanning especially), but there is an excess of color other then gray. Whether the acting is good is anyone's guess. I don't know. Could it be that the change of director has set this series on track? We'll see in November...

No comments:

Post a Comment