May 1, 2012

Trailer Trash: The Dark Knight Rises

It's time to root through some trailers. What's sorts of wonderful things will be alluded to today?

It's rare that I do Trailer Trash two days in a row, but this is a special occasion.

Basically, it all makes sense. It all just clicked for me, what Christopher Nolan is trying to accomplish, what he is trying to say, why he chose that title. And, believe me when I say, he has already succeeded with this trailer alone. What we have here in these 2 minutes is one of the most intimate portrayals of a man, tired and at the end of his line, doing everything he can to be the hero the people deserve.

Bear in mind, that I'm talking about a trailer here, not the actual movie. If this is what the trailer provides us, then I can't wait to see what the full thing has in store.

Couple that with some jaw dropping imagery (the bridge explosion, anyone?), the fact that our perceptions of JoGo as a minor character seem completely off the mark, and some juicy shots of that quintessential, gritty, Nolan violence?

I didn't think I could anticipate this movie anymore, but I can. I can.

1 comment: